At Aldersey Green Golf Club we are proud of our clubhouse and practice facilities. These include:
- Full changing and shower facilities for men and ladies
- Explanar swing training system (available to members)
- State of the art golf simulator
- Practice Green
- Large practice area with green
- Practice nets
- Well stocked Pro Shop
- Full catering and bar facilities
The following items of dress may NOT be worn on the course or in the Clubhouse at any time, namely:
Jeans, trainers, T-Shirts, anoraks, tracksuits, shell-suits and any clothing made of denim material.
Trousers must not be worn tucked into socks at any time, unless worn as Plus 2’s or Plus 4’s.
Shirts, whether tailored or otherwise must be worn inside the trousers. When tailored shorts are worn they must be accompanied with appropriate hose. Men should wear knee length socks or short white socks.
In the interest of all, players should play without delay. No player should play until the players in front are out of range. Players searching for a ball should signal the players behind them to pass as soon as it becomes clear that the ball will not easily be found; they should not search for five minutes before doing so. They should not continue to play until the players following them have passed and are out of range. When the play of a hole has been completed, players should immediately leave the putting green.
No-one should move, talk or stand close to or directly behind the ball or the hole when a player is addressing the ball or making a stroke.
Before leaving a bunker, a player should carefully fill up and smooth over all holes and footprints made by them.
Through the fairway, a player should ensure that any turf cut or displaced by him is replaced at once and pressed down, and that any damage to the putting green made by the ball is carefully repaired.
Players should ensure that no damage is done to the putting green, and that neither they nor their caddies damage the hole by standing close to it, in handling the Flagstick or in removing the ball from the hole. The Flagstick should be laid gently on the green and properly replaced in the hole before the players leave the putting green. Players should not damage the putting green by leaning on their putters, particularly when removing the ball from the hole.
Pace of play is a growing concern for all golfers, at Aldersey Green Golf Club our course can offer a superb golfing experience to Members and Visitors of all abilities. It is perfectly possible to complete a four ball round in three and a half hours. Slow play usually results from failure to clear the green promptly or from being unprepared to play your shot immediately it is your turn.
We do ask that golfers be mindful of their position on the course and that they monitor progress against the following guidelines:
- 3rd hole – 30 mins
- 6th hole – 60 mins
- 10th hole – 2 hours max
- 15th hole – 3 hours
- 18th hole 4 hours
Members and visitors are expected to maintain their position on the course in relation to the above timetable provided or let others play through when asked.
All golfers have a responsibility for the resolution of slow play, golfers should expect to be challenged by others if not maintaining the pace of play required.
How to avoid slow play:
- Having played a wayward shot, the golfer should immediately consider whether a provisional ball should be played.
- If the game behind is waiting, they MUST be waved through. Recommended practice is for the two groups to then play their approach shots to the green, the group waved will hole out and proceed ahead.
- When approaching a green, golfers should consider where the next tee is located and leave their clubs appropriately to ensure that the green is cleared promptly upon conclusion of play.
- Walk smartly between shots, be prepared to play your shot immediately on your turn. In bounce games, play ‘ready golf’ (ie. agree with your partner that all play when ready whether furthest from the hole or not)
- Marking scores should only be done when time permits and not upon conclusion of play at any given hole.
Your co-operation in eradicating this malaise will be greatly appreciated.
Places to Stay Nearby