Unlock 900 years of life at Helmsley Castle, a must-see for any visitor to the picturesque market town of Helmsley in the North York Moors National Park.
Discover how the castle evolved over the centuries, from a mighty medieval fortress to a luxurious Tudor mansion, to a Civil War stronghold and a romantic Victorian ruin.
Why not also visit Rievaulx Abbey and Byland Abbey nearby – the perfect stop on any family day out, or if you’re out walking or cycling.
- The fun hands-on exhibition in the mansion house
- The bronzed archers ready for battle
- Our fascinating audio tour
- The tactile model showing how the castle once looked
- Download our scenic walk from Helmsley Castle to Rievaulx Abbey
- Our free guided tours of Helmsley Archaeology Store